UUNET is not the Internet (and neither is AOL)

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Mon Oct 7 15:43:50 UTC 2002

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Vicky O. Mair wrote:
> What really confuses the heck out of me is that a company this size can't
> control/monitor their change management??. Then again not having all the
> facts has had everyone perplexed.

Actually I believe they have very good change management.  Change
management is about tracking, documentating, implementing consistent
changes.  It is possible to consistently implement something that is
broken.

By definition change is doing something different.  But Innovation Control
doesn't have the same ring to it.  I like change. Change has been very
good to me.  But I also like informed judgement, not only by my vendor but
also by me.