iBGP next hop and multi-access media

Jason Lixfeld jlixfeld at andromedas.com
Mon Oct 7 12:29:53 UTC 2002

Ok, so correct me if I'm wrong here (I'm just trying to paint a picture
of what this thread is trying to conceive), RA-FA1: 10.10.10.1/30,
RB-FA0: 10.10.10.2/30, 172.16.16.1/24 secondary?

iBGP setup between RA & RB, RB announces to RA with a next-hop of the
primary address on FA0, RA announces to RB with a next-hop of the
primary address on FA1.  When iBGP announces 172.16.16 to RA, you want
it announce with a next-hop of 172.16.16.1 as opposed to the primary
address 10.10.10.2.  Is that right?

http://www.nac.net   --