iBGP next hop and multi-access media

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Mon Oct 7 04:15:40 UTC 2002

OK, I'll bite.

I've been doing ip route statements going on 8 years now, and I can't
imagine why ever -- and how it would even work -- you'd want to ip route a
netblock with a next hop of a multi-access brandcast media. As in, the
next hop is still truly undetermined.

I guess I don't know this because I've never tried it. But, how does the
router determine where to send the packets for a route statement as
specified above (ip route a.b.c.d e.f.g.h f0/0) ?

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex at nac.net, latency, Al Reuben --
--    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --