iBGP next hop and multi-access media

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Oct 7 03:58:14 UTC 2002

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Ralph Doncaster wrote:

> > As others are saying... it isn't "local".  It's not "local"
> > unless in the same subnet.  Physical topology often correlates
> > with higher layers, but it's not strictly 1:1.
>
> Manually configuring a static route in router A would achieve the result:
> ip route 172.16.16.0 255.255.255.0 fa0/0

Why are we doing basic IP routing 101 on NANOG?

Don't route IP blocks to the ethernet.  That's using ARP as your routing
protocol and it's horribly fragile.  I've seen one ISP do that (they were
very technically challenged) and it's a setup that broke way too easily.

Paging Dalph Roncaster.  Clean-up in aisle one.

 Atlantic Net                |