iBGP next hop and multi-access media

Ralph Doncaster ralph at istop.com
Sun Oct 6 20:25:00 UTC 2002

A and B are connected via the same multi-access media.  It is technically
possible for B to tell A "you can reach 172.16.16.0/24 on the same media
that you receive this update on".  However what people seem to be saying
is that there is no dynamic routing protocol that implements this.

Ralph Doncaster
principal, IStop.com