Security Practices question

alex at yuriev.com alex at yuriev.com
Thu Oct 3 17:11:16 UTC 2002

> You still haven't given me a single example of what these "problems"
> are. Just hand-waving and talk about the "right" way is.

It is rather simple and had been addressed lots of times. I really fail to
understand why people do keep re-inventing the wheel.

Give your admins crypto cards. Make sure that crypto-card service talks
GSS-API.
Have a GSS-API service provider
Configure all your systems to use GSSAPI interface.

So, why are we re-inventing the wheel again?

Alex

P.S. Dont claim that crypto cards are expensive. If you have 40000 Unix
machines, you can AFFORD to give everyone a crypto card.