Spanning tree melt down ?

Garrett Allen garrett.allen at erols.com
Thu Nov 28 14:39:38 UTC 2002

speculating on cause and effect, my first bet would that someone turned off
spanning tree on a trunk or trunks immediately prior to the flood.  my next
bet would be a babbling device - i've seen an unauthorized hub on a flat
layer 2 net basically shut the network down.  it was after a power hit.
when we found the buggar and power cycled it, all was well.  i don't think
that the researcher was the culprit.  more likely the victim.

thoughts?