Spanning tree melt down ?

Scott Granados scott at wworks.net
Thu Nov 28 01:23:44 UTC 2002

Just a data point here, most hospital networks and it departments are headed
by Doctor's.  They have to sign off on everything from equipment selection,
platform changes everything.  Some have a clew but admittedly its no more
than a self taught clew of the very basics from having 3 servers at home
that their kids use to game.  Others have even less.  I've personally had to
explain to heads of medical networks that their servic plan is invalid if
they continue to install quake servers on the image archive system.  <Hey it
was one of the few oc12 connected servers makes sense right?>

Hospital networks are really frightening and there is no best practices in
place for the most part.  There are a few exceptions but in general its
unbelievable.