Spanning tree melt down ?

Bohdan Tashchuk tashchuk at easystreet.com
Thu Nov 28 00:39:22 UTC 2002

> Minimal social engineering plus a weak network security infrastructure
> is a disaster waiting to happen for any major medical facility.

You forgot to mention probable political infighting. And maybe
inexperienced leadership. My favorite snippet from the article is:

	Dr. John Halamka, the former emergency-room physician
	who runs Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center's gigantic
	computer network.

Is a physician, after years of medical school, internship, residency,
etc. the right person to be in charge of a "gigantic" computer network?
Are arteries and veins the equivalent of fiber and CAT-5?

I'd love to be the Cisco rep selling $3 million of new network equipment
to this guy. What is the probability that he as ANY idea what "spanning
tree protocol" means?