Risk of Internet collapse grows

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Wed Nov 27 23:49:30 UTC 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 sgorman1 at gmu.edu wrote:
> The full paper is available at:
>
> http://whopper.sbs.ohio-state.edu/grads/tgrubesi/survive.pdf
>
> password: grubesic
>
> It was posted on the www.cybergeography.org website with the password,
> plus I'm sure Tony would like the feedback.

Was this paper peer reviewed ?

I'm interested in the problem, but this is not the paper.

AT&T's network is the most vulnerable? While Onyx is among the least
vulnerable?  Onyx is bankrupt, and their network is no longer in
operation. I guess you could argue Onyx not vulnerable any more.  This
paper starts out with some bad assumptions, such as there is one NAP in a
city, one path between cities or the marketing maps in Boardwatch are
meaningful.

Until we figure out how to collect some meaningful starting data, we
can't draw these types of conclusions.