Spanning tree melt down ?

Eric Gauthier eric at roxanne.org
Wed Nov 27 16:10:44 UTC 2002

> Anyone have any idea what really happened :
> http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/330/science/Got_paper_+.shtml

I know someone who worked on it, but I've avoided asking what
really happened so I don't freak out the day the ambulence drives
me up to their emergency room :)  The other day, I did forward the article
over to our medical school in the hopes that they might "check" their
network for similar "issues" before something happens :)

I don't know which scares me more: that the hospital messed up spanning-tree
so badly (which means they likely had it turned off) that it imploded
their entire network.  Or that it took them 4 days to figure it out.

Eric :)