Luminous Product ?'s (was: Re: Looking for a piece of gear to do)

Mr. James W. Laferriere babydr at baby-dragons.com
Sat Nov 23 00:09:55 UTC 2002

	Hello All ,  Someone has been trying to foist off on a friend of
	mine a box from Scientific-Atlanta called a Luminous ?  That is
	supposed to do the something simular .  Anyone have any insights
	on this product line ?  There is also some card/add-on device that
	will (supposedly) allow it to do routing decissions thru
	rip/ospf/... .  Never seen the unit nor heard much about it .
		Tia ,  JimL

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Andy Walden wrote:
> Riverstone 1000 could do this at a reasonable cost.
> andy
> --
> PGP Key Available at http://www.tigerteam.net/andy/pgp
>
> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Alex Rubenstein wrote:
>

> > Hi.
> >
> > I am looking for a very simple piece of gear that will do the following:
> >
> > 	Fast-E ---- |thing|-------ATM OC3------|thing| ---- Fast-E
> >
> > I am not looking for a discussion on how this, me, or ATM is bad. It's
> > just a solution I need.
> >
> > Anyway, I am looking for 'thing' to be a simple device. Perhaps it would
> > have more than one FE port, and you'd map PVC's to ports, or whatever. The
> > key is that this totally transparent, and able to pass 802.1q vlan tags.
> > It'd be used in a point-to-point topology only.
> >
> > Any clues would be great.
> >

> > -- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex at nac.net, latency, Al Reuben --
> > --    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --

       | James   W.   Laferriere | System    Techniques | Give me VMS     |
       | Network        Engineer |     P.O. Box 854     |  Give me Linux  |
       | babydr at baby-dragons.com | Coudersport PA 16915 |   only  on  AXP |