Arin Smack down?

Mike Lyon mlyon at fitzharris.com
Thu Nov 21 06:27:01 UTC 2002

Worked for me:

[mlyon at fitzharris mlyon]$ whois -h whois.arin.net 64.124.168.60
[whois.arin.net]

OrgName:    Abovenet Communications, Inc
OrgID:      ABVE

NetRange:   64.124.0.0 - 64.125.255.255
CIDR:       64.124.0.0/15
NetName:    ABOVENET
NetHandle:  NET-64-124-0-0-1
Parent:     NET-64-0-0-0-0
NetType:    Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS.ABOVE.NET
NameServer: NS3.ABOVE.NET
Comment:    ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
RegDate:    2000-07-06
Updated:    2001-04-27

TechHandle: NOC41-ORG-ARIN
TechName:   Metromedia Fiber Networks/AboveNet
TechPhone:  +1-408-367-6666
TechEmail:  noc at above.net

OrgTechHandle: MFNA1-ARIN
OrgTechName:   Metromedia Fiber Networks AboveNet
OrgTechPhone:  +1-408-367-6666
OrgTechEmail:  ARSystem at above.net

# ARIN Whois database, last updated 2002-11-20 19:05
# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's Whois database.

[mlyon at fitzharris mlyon]$

-Mike