Even the New York Times withholds the address

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Wed Nov 20 11:05:45 UTC 2002

>It'd
>be cheaper to move the entire carrier hotel to the "safe" area and forget
>having offsite power.

Exactly!

If you are going to solve the redundant services problem (power and
cooling) with some kind of regional power and cooling network, then it
makes sense to cluster the various organizations who need these services
in the same area. Therefore, we should be thinking about how we can move
carrier hotels to be near major hospitals.

And if you think that clustering defeats the idea of distributing your
assets, I am not suggesting that there should be only one cluster in a
metropolitan area. Just as there are several major hospitals, there should
be several carrier hotels.

-- Michael Dillon