IP backbone numbering/naming

Steve Rude steve at rudedogg.com
Fri Nov 15 23:33:51 UTC 2002

Hi All,

I am trying to collect information about using RFC 1918 space on an ISP
backbone.  I have read the RFC several times, and I don't see where it
says that you cannot use 10/8 space to number your backbone links (/30s).

I know this is an old thread that has been rehashed several times, but can
anyone please send me links or information that I can use to convince my
boss that we should use our arin alloc'd space on our backbone instead of
using private space.

Also if anyone has opinions on naming conventions for backbone such as why
to or why not to even have dns resolution for your backbone and some
conventions please let me know.

TIA!

--
Steve Rude