PAIX

fkittred at gwi.net fkittred at gwi.net
Fri Nov 15 18:57:04 UTC 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:42:46 -0500  Richard Irving wrote:
>   Huh, must be in marketing or sales, perhaps a CEO, even.

Yup, I am a CEO.  I am also (still) one of the most experienced and
best educated IP engineers around.  It is fun being CEO.  Rather than
throw stones, you might want to celebrate the fact that being CEO is
now on the career path of an engineer.

>   The Engineer -knows- when he is lying.

Well, I don't know about that.  Engineers are without a doubt the most
active class of liar I know (but then, I don't get out much.)  Some
times I feel like it is real hard for engineers to know when they are
telling the truth.  I do know that it has been a a great professional
boon to have an IP engineering background and know when I am having
smoke blown at me by other engineers.

Dilbert, a cartoon about engineers, is so funny because it is so
true.  In the final analysis, Dilbert is as much of a weasel as any of
the other characters.

regards,
fletcher