PAIX

fkittred at gwi.net fkittred at gwi.net
Fri Nov 15 14:55:18 UTC 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:36:54 -0500  David Diaz wrote:

> People seem to prefer cost of quality at this time.
>
> Good
> Fast
> Cheap

Honey, part of our success is that I don't accept the above.  Sooner
or later, you will have to compete with someone who believes:

"Good
 Fast
 Cheap

we do all three."

When one really knows one's field, it is possible to design simple
systems.  In the networking world, the qualities simple bring are:

 Good (reliable),
 Fast,
 Cheap.

In a field where people think that it is perfectly acceptable to run
MPLS through a NAT connected via PPP over Ethernet over ATM, it isn't
harder to be simpler than the competition.

good luck,
fletcher