PAIX

David Diaz techlist at smoton.net
Fri Nov 15 01:52:08 UTC 2002

Voice of reason...

The only possible reason I can think of is if these data networks
replace the present voice infrastructure.  Think about it, if we
really all do replace our phones with some video screen like in the
movies, then yes, most of those calls stay local within the cities.
Mom calling son etc etc

So we can think of these "peering centers" as replacements for the
5-10 COs in most average cities.

Otherwise what apps require such dense peering.