PAIX

Pete Kruckenberg pete at kruckenberg.com
Thu Nov 14 17:22:30 UTC 2002

Wired covered several of these topics in their August issue.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/10.08/korea.html

The article points out several subtle, yet fundamental,
changes that happen socially and psychologically once the
broadband network is available everywhere, to virtually
everyone, all the time.  We have yet to experience this in
the US. I suspect that when it happens, it will be much
different than we expect it to be, technically and
otherwise.

We still have to remember that for all the hype about the
Internet, the killer app is still email and instant
messenging. The "killer apps" on Internet2 (video
conferencing, digital libraries, media-rich collaboration),
which give some indication of what the future killer app
will be, seem to be equally mundane (but exciting at the
same time).

Pete.