No subject

Harsha Narayan hnarayan at cs.ucsd.edu
Tue Nov 12 22:15:29 UTC 2002

Hi,
  This assignment algorithm is similar to the allocation algorithm used by
the RIRs themselves to make allocations to ISPs (they call it
"binary-bhop"). Are ISPs as aggregation-conscious as RIRs?

  Do ISPs use a commercial package to make assignments or do they write
their own program or do they do it manually?

  I find that the allocations made by the RIRs are close to each other
i.e. they are scattered over a lesser area. However, the assignments made
by the LIRs are scattered over a wide area - it seems more random.

Harsha.