"VeriSign Moves DNS Server To Boost Security"

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Sat Nov 9 05:00:04 UTC 2002

On Fri, 08 Nov 2002 18:44:09 PST, william at elan.net  said:

> server (but ISPs in its region would know about and us it). Are other
> regions ever considered something like this to ease load on current root
> servers or perhaps as a first step to having root server there?

Given the numbers presented on http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0210/wessels.html,
I suspect that the actual location won't matter.  As both Wessels and
Vixie have demonstrated, if we wanted to cut the load 30% real fast,
we'd implement 1918 filtering.  We wanted to cut the load 98%, we'd fix
all the OTHER stupidity.

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer