[RFI Pointers to technical organisation layouts]

Joshua Smith joshua.ej.smith at usa.net
Wed Nov 6 15:16:34 UTC 2002

"Thomas Kernen" <tkernen at deckpoint.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for the layout of the technical organisation within service
providers. Charts with role definitions, related and/or
> critical processes, inter-departement communications, chain of command,
breakout within major units, relation between
> NOC/engineering/billing/service turnup/etc, basically anything I can get my
hands on.

> Note that I'm not planning a reorg, simply wanting to compare with other
service providers (big and small) and how they operate
> internally.
>
> Thomas

i too would be interested in seeing how other organizations are put
together - i would appreciate being copied, and would be glad to put
together a summary for the list.

cheers

joshua

"Walk with me through the Universe,
 And along the way see how all of us are Connected.
 Feast the eyes of your Soul,
 On the Love that abounds.
 In all places at once, seemingly endless,
 Like your own existence."
     - Stephen Hawking -