BGP security in practice

Eric Anderson anderson at cs.uoregon.edu
Mon Nov 4 18:59:18 UTC 2002

Yes, but...  A protocol in which principal A's misconfiguration can
seriously harm principle B is more broken than one in which it
cannot.   That's why the protocol for crossing a busy street includes
"In addition to the light status, look for actual moving vehicles."
That way, you don't get run over by someone else's misconfiguration.

Time for a new metaphor, methinks.

-
Eric Anderson

Thus spake alex at yuriev.com (alex at yuriev.com):