Trying to find a connectivity provider that wont go under (was RE: CAIS/Ardent and now Network Access Solutions)

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Thu May 30 21:57:16 UTC 2002

Clearly anyone in your market is buying from someone outside of your market.
The fees associated with reliability (if available) are a function of your
geography. Large providers are concentrating on the markets that are making
them the most money.

If you get a few networks in your area that want to save money on the cost
of reliability you can run a couple of circuits to the next large market and
try to knit together a reliable network and divide the costs that way.

My guess is that with more large providers on a profit-centered basis you
won't see the same kind of pricing equality you have been seeing between
Tier 1 and Tier N markets anymore.

Deepak Jain
AiNET