CAIS/Ardent and now Network Access Solutions

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Thu May 30 21:21:07 UTC 2002

On Thu, 30 May 2002, John Palmer wrote:

> CAIS sold our account to NAS. They did this about 5 months back. They are

NAS has been nothing but trouble.  We are (or were) a Covad reseller, first
direct through Covad, then through CAIS.

The first we heard our lines had been sold was when we called CAIS for
support and were transfered to NAS. A week after that, our customers
started getting e-mail that their accounts had been sold and they now were
NAS customers.  Except our CAIS explicitly stated they were NEVER to contact
our customers for any reason.

They appologized -- and a week later mailed out paper letters to all our
customers.

When our backhaul went down, it took them over 4 hours to even pick up the
ticket. It was in the same queue as regular DSL lines. It's been the same
with every circuit that goes down.  One hour plus hold times for support,
e-mail to support is answered days later.

We finally have a direct rep in corporate's cell number and put all tickets
in through him, but this is no way to run things.

The best was they wanted me to sign a contract adendum stateing that if any
bill was more than 10 days late, they would take our customers -- no
mention at all of dispute resolution. I laughed at them.

So, we don't place any more Covad orders, which is fine since no one wants
to pay those prices anyway, and we sell Verizon DSL.  Amazingly, Verizon DSL
has had far fewer hassels than Covad ever did.