Is this list working?

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Thu May 30 19:29:56 UTC 2002

[ On Thursday, May 30, 2002 at 13:05:18 (-0500), John Palmer wrote: ]
> Subject: Is this list working?
>

> Posted a message several times and it never made it out
> Is the list broken?

In the past there have been low-level networking issues somewhere "out
there" that were causing problems with the Merit mailers sending
messages to my mailer.  TCP traces at this end only showed the
connection hanging, as if there were a PMTUd problem (though there's no
such problem at my end any more).  Eventually it got so bad I was only
receiving about 1% of the postings and the MLM eventually unsubscribed
me for too many bounces.  Lately though it's been running OK for me, and
I've not seen any "stuck" SMTP connections from Merit on my mail server.

--
								Greg A. Woods