Customer oversubscription levels

Brian bri at sonicboom.org
Tue May 28 21:06:48 UTC 2002

Got to think most customers assume oversubscription.  Having been on the
provider end of this in a previous life, how it often goes is like
this.  The customer will think/feel they are not getting what they are
paying for.  As a result the customer will deliberately try to peg their
ckt at the bw you say you are selling them, and if they cannot achieve it,
they call you and complain.  You at that point need to fix it or risk
losing the customer.  As you sell higher and higher bandwidth rates, the
customer's tolerance, presumably because of what they are paying you, goes
down.

	Brian