Routers vs. PC's for routing - was list problems?

Dan Hollis goemon at anime.net
Thu May 23 22:35:21 UTC 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002, E.B. Dreger wrote:
> Everything that you say one can do from a CDROM, one can do from
> flash.  CDROM technology gains you nothing.

Depends on what flash you use. There's no way to write protect
compactflash. CDROM technology gains you security in the case where m4d
h4x0r roots your router and tries to stomp all over the system files.

The lack of moving parts is attractive though, but since you only use the
cdrom occasionally, I suspect you wont gain much in MTBF.

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]