Routers vs. PC's for routing - was list problems?

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Thu May 23 22:04:09 UTC 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Jake Baillie wrote:

> the config changed. Which means you'd need some sort of singular
> configuration file.
>
> But I was wrong. :) He meant "read-only"

I'm just throwing ideas out there. I could boot Linux off a floppy or
a bootable CD and create a ramdisk upon bootup - Linux has always had this
capability. I'm just a person who occasionally comes up with silly
half-baked ideas and wonders if he can implement them. ;)

And to be honest, I figured that having the OS boot off of some
solid-state storage device would be useful... for something...

--
Steve Sobol, CTO (Server Guru, Network Janitor and Head Geek)
JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET   http://JustThe.net