Certification or College degrees? Was: RE: list problems?

Rick J Casarez rcasarez at UU.NET
Thu May 23 11:49:36 UTC 2002

Andrew,

	The college I am attending, Strayer Univeristy, has a B.S. degree
in Internetworking. While it is kinds geared towards Cisco the good part
is that they will give credit for life experience etc. I am getting credit
for 8 classes due to my work experience in the field. The also have online
courses so you do not have to actually go to class. They are a private
school so tuition is a bit higher than state run schools but to me worth
the cost since I do not think a degree in Computer Science is going to
help me in my career. The price for the online courses are the same no
matter where you live. Finally, they are fully accredited.

www.strayer.edu

Monkeys screamed incessantly when Andrew Dorsett said:

> On Wed, 22 May 2002, Kristian P. Jackson wrote:
>
> > running around acting like network engineers, just as a bunch of network
> > engineers are no more qualified to program. Perhaps a bachelors in network
> > engineering is in order?
>
> EXACTLY my concept....So why can't we find some university and develop
> this so I can transfer into a program I enjoy....
>
> - Andrew
> ---
> <zerocool at netpath.net>
> http://www.andrewsworld.net/
> ICQ: 2895251
> Cisco Certified Network Associate
>
> "Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself."

Cheers,

Rick Casarez, CCNP/CCDP
Systems Engineer II
Phone: 703-886-7468

	       - WorldCom powered by the UUNET backbone -