Certification or College degrees?

Jeffrey Meltzer jeffrey at villageworld.com
Thu May 23 04:38:37 UTC 2002

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 09:35:22PM -0500, Blake Fithen wrote:
> Usually what you say is helpful.  I have to disagree with
> you here though.  A few things I learned in a CIS degree program
> which apply to networking:

Contrary to what appears to be popular belief, there are schools which have
Networking programs..For instance, New York Institute of Technology has an
AAS in Telecommunications Technology and a BS in Telecommunications
Management.

Classes include multiple Voice & Data classes, as well as Wireless
Networking, Traffic Management, Network Management, LAN/WAN/MAN, Telecom Law/Policy, as well as a slew of Electronics and CompSci classes...

All very useful for foundations, and pretty interesting...At least I found
it useful and worth the money...

Jeff