list problems?

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Thu May 23 01:07:25 UTC 2002

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 08:20:08PM -0400, Leo Bicknell wrote:

> What I firmly believe is that a college graduate is more likely to
> be sucessful and be promoted, particularly before they are 30.  If
> I had to advise someone coming out of high school, I would tell
> them their best odds are to go to college.  But it's all an odds
> game, sometimes you hit on 12 and bust, sometimes you hit on 19
> and win.

All that matters it that you have the knowledge. It doesn't matter if you
got it from school or from experience, just that you got it.

If you don't want to learn, all the college in the world isn't going to
help you. But if you love to learn new things, not going to college is not
going to stop you either. Personally I think I've learned more over the
last 4 years than any school is capable of teaching, but thats just me.

Projecting your personal prejustices about what learning style works best
upon others is neither smart nor productive. Can we all just leave it at
that, and try to get back to something operational?