list problems?

Paul Vixie vixie at vix.com
Thu May 23 00:00:27 UTC 2002

bicknell at ufp.org (Leo Bicknell) writes:

> If you ever want to become a team leader, or a manger, or run a
> theoretical group you are going to need the math and English
> backgrounds that college provides.  ...

So what you're saying is, if I hadn't dropped out of high school during
my 17th trip around Sol, I wouldn't've gotten stuck in this dead end job?

Probably I wouldn't have that honorary MSCS degree either.  Wouldn't've
wrote all that code, nor those RFC's, nor started those various companies.

Wouldn't've found my various mentors nor been a mentor to any of the folks
who count me as having been one?

Is that how a college degree would have improved my career by age 39?

Sounds like a bad deal to me.
--
Paul Vixie <vixie at eng.paix.net>
President, PAIX.Net Inc.