Certification or College degrees? Was: RE: list problems?

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Wed May 22 20:52:06 UTC 2002

On Wed, 22 May 2002 16:40:27 -0400
"Kristian P. Jackson" <kahuna at krisjackson.net> wrote:

> network engineers, just as a bunch of network engineers are no more
> qualified to program. Perhaps a bachelors in network engineering is in
> order?

We actually have that - or something close to it.  We are slowly
building a bigger networking lab with router-ish stuff for students to
learn from.  In fact, I'll be handing off full BGP table for them to see
and play with in the lab.  If you want to help us educate, we'll gladly
accept any donations, particularly gear, we can get.  :-)

http://www.cs.depaul.edu/programs/2002/BachelorNT2002.asp
http://ipdweb.cs.depaul.edu/programs/lan/index.html
http://condor.depaul.edu/~jkristof/tdc375/
http://condor.depaul.edu/~jkristof/2001Spr365/