Certification or College degrees? Was: RE: list problems?

Paul A Flores floresp10 at cox.net
Wed May 22 18:36:36 UTC 2002

What you have to remember is that having a degree or certification allows
the non-clue full out in the 'real' world to easily tell the difference
between you and say, the world's smartest garbage man.

Of course, the upside to that is, you will only wind up working in places
with a high enough clue level to understand your value, hence you will be
happier...

Anyplace that is going to exclude you for a lack of paper, wouldn't
appreciate you for your talents anyway. (in my experience)...

As far as 'degrees mean you are capable of 'sticking with' something', I
would think that a look at someone's employment history for the last 10
years or so would indicate that MUCH better than 4 years of sitting through
outdated lectures...

If your resume shows more than 4 jobs in the last 3 years (and you didn't
get laid off), what does THAT stay about your ability to 'stick with'
something?

Yours in Networking,

Paul A Flores