"portscans" (was Re: Arbor Networks DoS defense product)

Ralph Doncaster ralph at istop.com
Sun May 19 20:25:20 UTC 2002

That's a netblock, not an IP address.  Your script kiddie at home with a
cable modem or ADSL connection is not going to have his IP SWIP'd or
populated in his ISP's rwhois server. Try that with 206.47.27.12 for
instance.  That is a Sympatico ADSL customer here in Ottawa.

Ralph Doncaster
principal, IStop.com
div. of Doncaster Consulting Inc.