Interconnects

Mitch Halmu mitch at netside.net
Sun May 19 04:19:21 UTC 2002

On Sat, 18 May 2002, Mike Leber wrote:

> Also, when considering where to locate equipment I can't help but remind
> the other person posting about MNFX (which isn't the same corporate
> entitiy as PAIX) that they should have posted (if they were going to
> bother to post that kind of thing, which doesn't make friends ;) similar
> press releases regarding their other choices, or perhaps considering
> whether the companies they consider alternatives are EBITDA postive
> (making a profit, or in otherwords will exist in 12 months) today (not in
> an imaginary planned future) or for the few that are EBITDA positive,
> whether they actually seem to want your business.
>
> PAIX, Palo Alto is another excellent exchange point.  I'm sure you can
> probably get a rack now with all the bankruptcies.  If not send me email.

At present, PAIX is owned by MFNX, and so is Abovenet. Arms-length or not,
ultimately it's the same ailing giant with clay feet...

The "other person posting" is glad to oblige by reposting a usenet news
article written by an eyewitness who visited Metromedia Fiber/Abovenet's
San Jose II co-lo facility. Consider it friendly fire from some anti-spam
activist (credible source in your camp, if we were to believe the popular
sentiment?):