Interconnects

Scott Granados scott at graphidelix.net
Sat May 18 21:05:24 UTC 2002

One thing to remember with New York in general.  I have personal
experience with dealing with pulling both copper and fiber in NY and its
not just technical.  Although there are huge problems with pulling new
services and fiber on a technical level.  Remember that most of the
facilities were deployed in the 20's and 30's.  Also a large problem is
it was my experience pay-offs and some limited bribes were required to
have linemen complete their work.  A practical example of this was a t1
which I was told would take 3 months to install, after some palms were
greaced dropped to 2.5 weeks.  New York is a different animal all
tgether.