Interconnects

Mitch Halmu mitch at netside.net
Fri May 17 20:27:54 UTC 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002, todd glassey wrote:

> Mitch what has MFN's financial  problems have to do with the quality of the
> agreements that are in place for peering. If you are worried that they may
> blow off the face of the earth - I too agree that money is tight and there
> are a number of other meltdowns coming as the real winners of the Internet
> race start to emerge.

There may be serious concerns related to future agreements and payments,
as major investors and clients pull out and write off their losses:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/020406/nysa012_1.html

Ultimately, it is up to the company to officially announce, confirm or
dismiss such speculations, but they can't stop peers, clients and investors
from worrying if they will be able to continue as a going concern.

Keep in mind that company officials may be reluctant to offer you a true
"inside" picture of the events, so you have to draw your own inferences
from sparse press articles.

Keeping informed in all aspects will spare you some costly mistakes down
the road. If it's not one thing, it's another...

--Mitch
NetSide