Interconnects

ren ren at internet.rockstar.org
Fri May 17 11:24:40 UTC 2002

Hi Iljitsch,

I would not consider Sprint NAP, a place closed to new customers for
several years, an important interconnect location in the US.  ATM based IXs
are not as participant rich as they were 2-3 years ago.

The fastest growing US interconnect locations are cross-connect
enabled.  PAIX & Equinix.   Equinix-Ashburn, PAIX-Seattle, Equinix-Newark
and Equinix-Dallas and others have seen participation grow with a diverse
blend of traffic from cable operators, telcos and content providers.

Tier-1 means what?  Look for growing sources of traffic.

Your mileage may vary, -ren