5.2 Earthquake in Northern California

Roy garlic at garlic.com
Tue May 14 06:37:51 UTC 2002

I live about 3 mi from the epicenter and our main NOC is about 9 miles.  As far
as I can tell, we didn't even drop a packet.

Some stuff fell of the shelves and the cats panicked as expected.

Reference my previous note, Broadwing called about 10 minutes after the quake and
told me they had isolated the problem and expected repair within the hour.  It
was fixed on schedule so the phone people were BAU.