BGP and aggregation

Daniska Tomas tomas at tronet.com
Tue May 14 06:19:22 UTC 2002

actually gre fragmentation itself has nothing to do w/df bit. you either leave the tunnel with default mtu (and use ip fragmentation - of course depending on df) or you may cause it fragmenting packets and resembling them at the tunnel end. on cisco boxes this is triggered by using larger 'ip mtu' (not interface mtu) value. there are some memory and cpu drawbacks due to defragmentation
(a hold queue for fragments until they all arive etc.)

--

Tomas Daniska
systems engineer

A transistor protected by a fast-acting fuse will protect the fuse by blowing first.