BGP and aggregation

Scott Granados scott at graphidelix.net
Sun May 12 21:02:35 UTC 2002

Actually I ran this way for a while as a primary.  I had three sites
attached via cogent entirely all announcing a /19 and the internally a
/21 each and a couple /21's out of the primary location.  In the main
location was a 7507 and in the two other pops 6509's.  We set ospf
internally, set up bgp for the announcements at each site and used the
no-export tag for the more specifics.  Then gre tunnels:) for the
internal.  It worked and I pushed probably 45 to 50mb over the internal
loops or gre tunnels.  Not ideal but it worked.