Asian exchange points

Barry Raveendran Greene bgreene at cisco.com
Sat May 11 18:42:57 UTC 2002

IXP in Asia are nation oriented. It is a mistake to think that an IXP in one
country will give you access to other countries with have oceans in-between
them. Connectivity between the countries are usually through the big global
transist providers or bi-lateral AP-Mesh peering technique (private peering
over an ocean which takes in oceanic circuit prices).

So pick the country, then find the IXP in that country that would give you
the best national coverage. All the IXPs in Asia are on the
http://www.ep.net/naps_ap.html list. One thing you will note is that the big
global transit providers show up in at least one IXP per country.