ratios

Scott Granados scott at graphidelix.net
Thu May 9 23:43:38 UTC 2002

Just a note here I think needs to be said.  In my case at least my
experiences with peering and working with other networks has been
extremely positive.  I had the pleasure of for example having a loop in to
Paix Pao1 and that was a very positive thing for my network and frankly
business.  Most of the carriers I spoke to were great and very responsive
with the exception of the one I mentioned before and no it wasn't uunet or
cnw.    I have peered obviously in other facilities as well but I
mentioned the Paix because in my case the impression was they went out of
their way to be helpful and it was very positive.  I think that its
perhaps the sign of a larger problem that the public internet is basically
help by one or two large companies ie UU and CW who don't wish to play
with the rest 	 of the net but not much can be done about that and no I'm
not going to equate this ti Microsoft:).  In the end let's hope market
forces and economics win out and we'll see.