ratios

Scott Granados scott at graphidelix.net
Thu May 9 17:17:38 UTC 2002

I actually think this is put very well.  I know that in my case I'd
prefer to buy transit from a company who has an open peering policy.
For example, I'd certainly consider buying transit from mfn before uunet
for example.  I realize there are many other factors including
relyability, cost, company stability etc. but one consideration ior me
is their willingness to peer and grow their networks.  I wouuld think
especially on this list our arguments should stick to being as strictly
technical as possible and not venture in to the personal.  Easier said
than done I realize.  However, strong arguments for using networks with
open peering policies are more meaningful than ridiculing large carriers
who don't wish to peer.

The only thing I can say is I wish they would just publically
acknowledge that fact.  If uunet and cw don't wish to peer they should
just not have a peering policy.