ratios

Scott Granados scott at graphidelix.net
Tue May 7 22:46:29 UTC 2002

Chris I'm with you this to a point.  It seems to me that balance is
reasonable to a point but some of these numbers are to close.  It seems
more a reasonable to peer to reduce the network distance covered and
provide a better end user experience than to use transit which may cover
greater distances and in the end use more resources.  I totally
understand wanting to sell transit however and make money and some
levels this is the most logical and best practice but on others simply
because someone is not with in themagic ratio not peer.  It seems to me
that many other concerns are far more important ie trouble resolution
response time, proper route policy and just solid technical ability.
I'd rather peer with someone who won't cause more work for me.

I realize none of these issues are cut and dry but it seemed odd to me.
On