IP renumbering timeframe

Scott Granados scott at graphidelix.net
Mon May 6 16:49:55 UTC 2002

For all intense and purposes its up to the end user.  In the case of an
isp getting space from Arin it is allocated to them which in their
terminology is different than assigned.  Isps by having space allocated
can then assign or remove the assignment of space they hold pretty much
as they see fit as long as the meet the arin suggested minimums.  My
experienc has been Arin is most concerned with proper use of space
fbefore allocating more space than how specific space is assigned and
de-assigned.