IP renumbering timeframe

Bill Woodcock woody at zocalo.net
Mon May 6 05:29:26 UTC 2002

    > What is the generally accpted timeframe for renumbering?  My reading of
    > ARIN policy would seem to imply at least 30 days.

I'm not sure it's fair to say that there's an "accepted timeframe" per
se...  I've seen 30 days.  I've more commonly seen 90 days.  I've seen 18
months.  I've also seen immediate, like happened to you, when the customer
stops paying and leaves on hostile terms.  In short, you can't expect
anything from someone you're not willing to pay, and who has no future
prospect of doing business with you again.  If you want a longer period to
renumber, pay them for it.

                                -Bill