uRPF Loose Check Mode vs. ACL

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon May 6 04:50:53 UTC 2002

On Sun, 05 May 2002 22:11:12 EDT, Richard A Steenbergen said:
> What we all really need is a protocol which can distribute filtering
> information network-wide. Go make one. :)

No, what we need is a protocol that can do *secured* distribution of
filtering info net-wide.  Otherwise, some bozo is going to accidentally
inject a flter for 127/8, causing as much fun as the announcement of same
a few years ago.  And I'm *sure* there's at least a few people on this
list that would be *very* tempted to inject filters for RFC1918 space
for the benefit of those providers that don't egress filter it currently ;)